StoryCubes at b.TWEEN08
As part of b.TWEEN08 in Manchester, Proboscis is facilitating a StoryCubes ‘landscape of ideas’ to help Just b. Productions and the Manchester Beacon Project define the brief for a new commission to create an online public engagement service that maps connections between people, places, knowledge and creative activity in Manchester. Starting with an initial day-long workshop to scope out the wider issues, aspirations and challenges for the design brief, a series of questions are being posed to the delegates of b.TWEEN to add their comments ideas and suggestions to:
– Who are the key people and networks that engagement tools should target?
– What makes engagement tools sustainable?
– What themes would inspire people to connect using engagement tools?
– What opportunities should engagement tools offer their participants?
– What shouldn’t engagement tools be or do?
– What are reasonable and achievable expectations for engagement tools?
– What local communities should benefit most from engagement tools?
– What kinds of links to the physical world should engagement tools have?
The word cloud (created using Wordle) above was generated from StoryCubes created during the workshop (June 17th) and on the first day of b.TWEEN08 (June 19th). The StoryCubes will be scanned in and shared online as inspirations for creative teams wishing to pitch concept proposals for the commission…
Update: the word cloud after day two
Update 2 : We are really excited to be able to say that the delegates of b.TWEEN voted StoryCubes the Best Interactive Gallery Installation.